INTERIOR DESIGN TECHNICIAN
Celebrating our 113th anniversary, Zimmerman Architectural Studios continues to exhibit our multi-disciplinary architectural and engineering talents in a thriving and contemporary environment. We are seeking an Interior Design Technician to join our team.
This position will provide support to our Interiors team which includes design consultation, project collaboration, and space planning. You will support and collaborate with the team to develop creative, functional and aesthetically pleasing design solutions for interior environments.
What you’ll do:
- Support schematic-level design, programming, space planning, and client needs assessment as assigned.
- Research materials and concepts to advise and support the design team on technical issues influencing interior design concept development.
- Assist in the creation of presentation materials (finish boards, renderings, etc.) and coordinate with the design team for client presentations.
- Utilize drafting/design software, ensuring accuracy and that standards and protocols are maintained.
- Create and edit drawings, thoroughly and accurately, depicting the design direction and decisions made.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Architecture with internship experience in the design field.
- Proficient in Revit, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Photoshop and other design/rendering software.
- Skilled working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic understanding of applicable building codes, regulations and standards.
- Well organized; able to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
We invite you to join Milwaukee’s Coolest Office! We provide a comprehensive benefits program which reflects our healthy attitude towards a positive work/life balance, along with an energetic culture and incredible work environment. Candidates should submit their resume and compensation requirements to email@example.com .
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.