BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT and MARKETING DIRECTOR
Celebrating our 113th anniversary, Zimmerman Architectural Studios continues to exhibit our multi-disciplinary architectural and engineering talents in a thriving and contemporary environment. We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic professional to lead our Business Development and Marketing team. As our Business Development and Marketing Director, you should have a passion for driving new client business, understanding marketplace dynamics, and identifying opportunities for our own improvement.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and foster business development and marketing activities for the Firm.
- Manage the strategic and operational business development, marketing and client relationship activities, and the staff assisting with these efforts.
- Provide market feedback regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs, and generate business development ideas.
- Work closely with and be a conduit for Studio Leaders to identify and develop client capture strategies.
- Lead the development, documentation, and update of business and marketing plans for our studios.
- Responsible for utilizing the most relevant and effective methods available; including CRM, advertising, events, trade shows, and other outreach efforts that create interest for various audiences.
- Work to maintain a uniform look across our family of companies to ensure that our brand is consistently applied.
- Manage and develop the BD and Marketing team through effective staff development by mentoring, training, and leading by example.
Who you are:
- A Bachelor’s / advanced degree in marketing, communication, architecture, engineering or relevant discipline.
- Ten years’ experience in business development (in the design, engineering or construction industry is preferred).
- Strong research and strategic analysis skills to stay abreast of industry trends, our competition, and new technologies.
- Experience working with leadership teams to align business development/sales strategies and solutions.
- Exhibit exemplary servant leadership qualities, a professional demeanor, and outstanding communication, presentation skills, teamwork, and relationship building skills.
- Exceptionally organized.
- Strong ability to partner with and work cross-functionally to accomplish results.
- Habitually thinking outside the box and exploring new ways to generate business and execute projects.
- Display effective staff development through mentoring, training and leading by example.
We invite you to join Milwaukee’s Coolest Office! We provide a comprehensive benefits program which reflects our healthy attitude towards a positive work/life balance, along with an energetic culture and incredible work environment. Candidates should submit their resume and compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.