Come Join Us
We’re looking for talented, creative, collaborative people to join our team.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Zimmerman Architectural Studios is an award-winning, interdisciplinary architecture, planning, engineering, and interior design firm located in Milwaukee’s Menomonee Valley. We’re in the midst of a big transition with fresh leadership, highly engaged staff, and a new vision for the future. We’re proud of our deep experience and great history, but are laser focused on what’s yet to come, reframing the firm as a “114-year-old startup”. Join us and help shape the future of our firm!
Project Manager Government Team
We have an opportunity for experienced Project Manager to join our Government Team. You will be responsible for leading Midwest, local, county and state government facility projects to a successful completion, including client satisfaction, design, schedule, and attainment of client’s vision.
What you’ll do:
- You will lead the design and documentation of multiple projects while communicating regularly with clients and consultants, and helping to effectively manage project delivery.
- You will be the main point of contact for the client and are responsible for attaining their overall mission, vision, goals, and satisfaction.
- You will develop and update project schedules, educate the client on the process to be followed, and meet milestones and deadlines.
- You will create and maintain project budgets, work plans, and contracts.
- You will oversee the development of technical solutions in response to design and code requirements, and assures that design solutions have technical integrity.
- You will develop and maintain relationships with current and potential clients, consultants, community leaders, and public officials.
- You will maintain a deep understanding of the development, design, and construction activities we currently serve, or target to serve, in our planning and design services to government entities.
- You will participate in project pursuits, interviews and varied business development activities.
Who you are:
- A Bachelors’ Degree and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the design and construction of large-scale institutional building types.
- WI Architectural registration preferred.
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and other design/rendering software.
- Proficient working with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- You have strong organization skills and are comfortable delegating to various members of the project team.
- You are a team player, goal-oriented, enjoy variety, and work effectively with teams.
- You are a self-starter, responsible and persistent, with a methodical approach to work and enjoy utilizing your previous work experience and contacts to seek new opportunities for the firm.
- You understand not only how to design, but also how to coordinate a team.
- You bring superior communication, presentation, organization, and people skills along with the essential with the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
We have an opportunity for an organized, professional Construction Administrator to perform construction phase activities for our design and construction projects. Prior field experience will guide our design and engineering professionals in documenting the vision of new buildings.
What you’ll do:
- Administration of the construction process for a variety of projects for our firms and on behalf of our clients.
- Review / management of submittals, shop drawings, substitution requests, etc.
- Respond to RFI’s providing interpretation of construction documents on behalf of the firm.
- Create punch lists and closeout documents.
- Participate in the resolution of construction issues and conflicts.
- Act as a liaison between our design professionals, contractors and our client representatives.
- Provide field-learned experience to the design teams, helping to continually improve our shared knowledge of construction means and methods.
- Understanding of project budgets and working within those constraints.
- Occasional participation in marketing, relationship building activities, and project interviews.
- Required to work in office and at job site environments.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in construction project administration.
- Strong understanding of quality construction means and methods.
- Comfortable with computer and tablet based Construction Administration tools.
- AutoCAD and Revit familiarity not essential but preferred.
- Read, understand and work from construction drawings and specifications.
- Strong time management and problem resolution skills while working on concurrent projects.
- Knowledge of building codes and appropriate industry standard practices.
- Attention to detail, strong organization skills, and thorough written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a customer focused, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and be responsible for project delivery which may be multiple, large or complex in scope.
Didn’t find your exact role but are in search of a fun place to work and grow? Send us your resume – because tomorrow we may have the perfect position for you.
Candidates should submit their resume and compensation requirements to: Traci A. Mortensen, Director of Human Resources Traci.Mortensen@zastudios.com.
We provide a comprehensive benefits program which reflects our healthy attitude towards a positive work/life balance, along with an energetic culture and incredible work environment. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.