Come Join Us
We’re looking for talented, creative, collaborative people to join our team.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
We are an award-winning, multidisciplinary architecture, planning, engineering, and interior design firm whose employees appreciate the phrase “work hard, play hard.” We have fresh leadership, highly engaged staff, and a new vision for the future. We’re proud of our 114-year history; we stay true to who we are, and we lead by unlocking the potential of those we serve. We want you to be a part of our team!
Project Manager - Government
We have an opportunity for experienced Project Manager to join our Government Studio. You will be responsible for leading Midwest, local, county and state government facility projects to a successful completion, including client satisfaction, design, schedule, and attainment of client’s vision.
What you’ll do:
- You will lead the design and documentation of multiple projects while communicating regularly with clients and consultants, and helping to effectively manage project delivery.
- You will be the main point of contact for the client and are responsible for attaining their overall mission, vision, goals, and satisfaction.
- You will develop and update project schedules, educate the client on the process to be followed, and meet milestones and deadlines.
- You will create and maintain project budgets, work plans, and contracts.
- You will oversee the development of technical solutions in response to design and code requirements, and assures that design solutions have technical integrity.
- You will develop and maintain relationships with current and potential clients, consultants, community leaders, and public officials.
- You will maintain a deep understanding of the development, design, and construction activities we currently serve, or target to serve, in our planning and design services to government entities.
- You will participate in project pursuits, interviews and varied business development activities.
Who you are:
- A Bachelors’ Degree and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the design and construction of large-scale institutional building types.
- WI Architectural registration preferred.
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and other design/rendering software.
- Proficient working with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- You have strong organization skills and are comfortable delegating to various members of the project team.
- You are a team player, goal-oriented, enjoy variety, and work effectively with teams.
- You are a self-starter, responsible and persistent, with a methodical approach to work and enjoy utilizing your previous work experience and contacts to seek new opportunities for the firm.
- You understand not only how to design, but also how to coordinate a team.
- You bring superior communication, presentation, organization, and people skills along with the essential with the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
We are seeking a Project Coordinator. This roll will provide technical and administrative support to our architectural studios. The ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects simultaneously and assure the completion of a busy workload is key.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical and administrative support to studios; including team leaders, project managers and other team members.
- Schedule and participate in project meetings and studio meetings.
- Maintain project status and schedule information for planned and active projects and coordinate with team all activities (scheduling, organizing, and recordkeeping, status updates) to ensure the workflow is maintained and projects are on schedule.
- Facilitate communication and reports with internal and external clients on the overall state, status and progress of projects.
- Map projects, create timelines and support the team through project coordination.
- Assist with project portfolios (job forms), CRM, RFIs, contracts and presentations.
- Prepare and review forms, records, submittals and assist with the organization and structure of project documents.
- Work with managers and coordinate QA/QC reviews and other project activities.
- Update workload tracking, communicate and remind team of deliverable dates.
- Develop spreadsheets and maintain databases, ensuring project information is complete and accurate.
Who you are:
- A combination of relevant experience in a coordinator role supporting technical teams and working with external clients/contractors.
- Solid technical proficiency of the following MS Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy with strong organizational skills.
- Strong presence and success as an approachable and influential advisor with team members.
- Good time management, multitasking and project management skills.
- Good team-work and collaboration skills.
- Routinely exercise problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Didn’t find your exact role but are in search of a fun place to work and grow? Send us your resume – because tomorrow we may have the perfect position for you.
Candidates should submit their resume and compensation requirements to: Traci A. Mortensen, Director of Human Resources Traci.Mortensen@zastudios.com.
We provide a comprehensive benefits program which reflects our healthy attitude towards a positive work/life balance, along with an energetic culture and incredible work environment. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.