Froedtert Hospital Birth Center
This new Birth Center is a full service 66,000 s.f. facility spread across three contiguous floors. During the course of its design, we helped to solve many issues including the creation of better access and identity, increasing the size of rooms in an existing structure, and allowing for operations on multiple floors. We shadowed staff in various areas, including the C-Section suite, and included design amenities to help staff work more effectively (including decentralized nurse stations and supply closets).
Some of this project’s attributes include:
– Labor and Delivery, Post-Partum, and Ante-Partum, spread across three floors
– A new C-Section suite with new 3 O.R.s
– Labor and Delivery rooms that will be 30% larger than the previous rooms
– A new Nursery
– Decentralized Nurse Stations
– Amenities such as a spa, whirlpool rooms, and guest rooms for parents
See this project featured in Healthcare Design Magazine’s Healthcare Showcase.
Location: Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Size: 66,000 s.f.
Services Provided: Architectural Planning and Design, Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing Engineering, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture
Completion Date(s): 2015
Contractor / Construction Manager: Boldt Construction