St. Martin of Tours Catholic Church
St. Martin of Tours is a parish that resulted from the combination of two parishes: Sacred Heart and Holy Assumption. The resulting merger necessitated the need for a new worship space. Also key, was the preservation of a local historical landmark, the original church, built in 1851. The resulting design was a 750 seat sanctuary that can be expanded to 950, as well as the conversion of the existing church into the narthex. All existing stained glass was removed, repaired, and reinstalled, preserving the history of the parish.
Location: Franklin, Wisconsin
Size: 24,000 s.f.
Services Provided: Site planning, Feasibility Analysis, Space Programming, Architectural Planning and Design, Interior Design, Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing, and Electrical Engineering, Landscape Architecture
Completion Date(s): 2004
Contractor/Construction Manager: CG Schmidt Construction