Working at ZAS
Work somewhere awesome! Join our Team! We are always looking for great talent to join our team. We offer a wide range of career opportunities for creatives in the built environment. Each project takes a team of skilled members to create a highly creative and functional design.
Celebrating our 114th anniversary, Zimmerman Architectural Studios continues to celebrate our multi-disciplinary architectural and engineering talents in a thriving and contemporary environment.
Perform construction phase activities for our design and construction projects. Prior field experience will guide our design and engineering professionals in documenting the vision of new buildings.
- Administration of the construction process for a variety of projects for our firms and on behalf of our clients.
- Review / management of submittals, shop drawings, substitution requests, etc.
- Respond to RFI’s providing interpretation of construction documents on behalf of the firm.
- Create punch lists and closeout documents.
- Participate in the resolution of construction issues and conflicts.
- Act as a liaison between our design professionals, contractors and our client representatives.
- Provide field-learned experience to the design teams, helping to continually improve our shared knowledge of construction means and methods.
- Understanding of project budgets and working within those constraints.
- Occasional participation in marketing, relationship building activities, and project interviews.
- Required to work in office and at job site environments.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in construction project administration.
- Strong understanding of quality construction means and methods.
- Comfortable with computer and tablet based Construction Administration tools.
- AutoCAD and Revit familiarity not essential but preferred.
- Read, understand and work from construction drawings and specifications.
- Strong time management and problem resolution skills while working on concurrent projects.
- Knowledge of building codes and appropriate industry standard practices.
- Attention to detail, strong organization skills, and thorough written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a customer focused, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and be responsible for project delivery which may be multiple, large or complex in scope.
We invite you to join Milwaukee’s Coolest Office! We provide a comprehensive benefits program which reflects our healthy attitude towards a positive work/life balance, along with an energetic culture and incredible work environment. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates should submit their resume and compensation requirements to:Traci A. Mortensen, Director of Human Resources Traci.Mortensen@zastudios.com.