Working at ZAS
Work somewhere awesome! Join our Team! We are always looking for great talent to join our team. We offer a wide range of career opportunities for creatives in the built environment. Each project takes a team of skilled members to create a highly creative and functional design.
Celebrating our 114th anniversary, Zimmerman Architectural Studios continues to celebrate our multi-disciplinary architectural and engineering talents in a thriving and contemporary environment.
Business Development Manager
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic Business Development Manager. You will be responsible for generating and supporting business development initiatives for the Zimmerman and Venture brands. You will research and identify new opportunities, generate leads, and develop strategies to engage us with new clients. The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through increasing our visibility, our market share, and forging strong relationships with clients.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Director of Marketing and Business Development as well as the Studio Directors in the development and implementation of their individual business plans.
- Assist the Marketing and Business Development as well as the Studio Directors in identifying new market sectors and geographies, developing and enacting strategies to capture client and project opportunities that are in alignment with the overall goals of the firm.
- Conduct research and generate new leads and relationships; networking across multiple sources, connecting dots, and creating new opportunities.
- Identify and act upon trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Arrange meetings with current and prospective clients to clearly articulate the strengths, culture, and brand of our firm.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential clients, consultants, community leaders, and public officials.
- Generate new leads and relationships, networking across multiple sources, connecting dots, making cold calls, and creating new opportunities.
- Make introductions between potential clients, Studio Directors, and other content experts.
- Participate and facilitate the participation of staff in professional organizations, conferences, social and PR events, creating recognition and opportunities for our firm.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the development, design, and construction activity within the communities that we serve, or target to serve, communicating this with the leadership team.
- Create and maintain a CRM database, working with team members to assure that the database remains current.
- Participate in and help prepare for interviews and presentations.
Who you are:
- Bachelors’ degree and proven work experience in a business development role, having an in-depth knowledge of the A/E/C industry.
- Superior communication, organization, and people skills are essential in this role with the ability to juggle multiple priorities, create opportunities, and make friends.
- Highly developed and demonstrated teamwork skills.
- An engaging personality with the ability to listen to the client’s needs and translate those needs into design opportunities.
We invite you to join Milwaukee’s Coolest Office! We provide a comprehensive benefits program which reflects our healthy attitude towards a positive work/life balance, along with an energetic culture and incredible work environment. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates should submit their resume and compensation requirements to:Traci A. Mortensen, Director of Human Resources Traci.Mortensen@zastudios.com.