Working at ZAS
We’re looking for talented, creative, collaborative people to join our team.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Didn’t find your exact role but are in search of a fun place to work and grow? Send us your resume – because tomorrow we may have the perfect position for you.
We have an opportunity for experienced Project Manager to join our Government Team. You will be responsible for leading Midwest, local, county and state government facility projects to a successful completion, including client satisfaction, design, schedule, and attainment of client’s vision.
What you’ll do
- You will lead the design and documentation of multiple projects while communicating regularly with clients and consultants, and helping to effectively manage project delivery.
- You will be the main point of contact for the client and are responsible for attaining their overall mission, vision, goals, and satisfaction.
- You will develop and update project schedules, educate the client on the process to be followed, and meet milestones and deadlines.
- You will create and maintain project budgets, work plans, and contracts.
- You will oversee the development of technical solutions in response to design and code requirements, and assures that design solutions have technical integrity.
- You will develop and maintain relationships with current and potential clients, consultants, community leaders, and public officials.
- You will maintain a deep understanding of the development, design, and construction activities we currently serve, or target to serve, in our planning and design services to government entities.
- You will participate in project pursuits, interviews and varied business development activities.
Who you are
- A Bachelors’ Degree and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the design and construction of large-scale institutional building types.
- WI Architectural registration preferred.
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and other design/rendering software.
- Proficient working with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- You have strong organization skills and are comfortable delegating to various members of the project team.
- You are a team player, goal-oriented, enjoy variety, and work effectively with teams.
- You are a self-starter, responsible and persistent, with a methodical approach to work and enjoy utilizing your previous work experience and contacts to seek new opportunities for the firm.
- You understand not only how to design, but also how to coordinate a team.
- You bring superior communication, presentation, organization, and people skills along with the essential with the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
Business Development Manager
What you’ll do
- Support the Director of Marketing and Business Development as well as the Studio Directors in the development and implementation of their individual business plans.
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Business Development as well as the Studio Directors in identifying new market sectors and geographies, developing and enacting strategies to capture client and project opportunities that are in alignment with the overall goals of the firm.
- Conduct research and generate new leads and relationships; networking across multiple sources, connecting dots, and creating new opportunities.
- Identify and act upon industry trends by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Arrange meetings with current and prospective clients to clearly articulate our strengths, culture, and brand.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential clients, consultants, community leaders, and public officials.
- Generate new leads and relationships, networking across multiple sources, connecting dots, making cold calls, and creating new opportunities.
- Make introductions between potential clients, Studio Directors, and other content experts.
- Participate and facilitate the participation of staff in professional organizations, conferences, social and PR events, creating recognition and opportunities for our firms.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the development, design, and construction activity within the communities that we serve, or target to serve, communicating this with the leadership team.
- Create and maintain a CRM database, working with team members to assure that the database remains current.
- Participate in and help prepare for interviews and presentations.
Who you are
- Bachelors’ degree and a minimum of 10 years of proven work experience in a business development role, having an in-depth knowledge of the A/E or an allied industry such as construction, commercial real estate, real estate development, or commercial building product representation.
- Superior communication, organization, and people skills are essential in this role with the ability to juggle multiple priorities, create opportunities, and make friends.
- Highly developed and demonstrated teamwork skills.
- An engaging personality with the ability to listen to the client’s needs and translate those needs into design opportunities.
- Administration of the construction process for a variety of projects for our firms and on behalf of our clients.
- Review / management of submittals, shop drawings, substitution requests, etc.
- Respond to RFI’s providing interpretation of construction documents on behalf of the firm.
- Create punch lists and closeout documents.
- Participate in the resolution of construction issues and conflicts.
- Act as a liaison between our design professionals, contractors and our client representatives.
- Provide field-learned experience to the design teams, helping to continually improve our shared knowledge of construction means and methods.
- Understanding of project budgets and working within those constraints.
- Occasional participation in marketing, relationship building activities, and project interviews.
- Required to work in office and at job site environments.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in construction project administration.
- Strong understanding of quality construction means and methods.
- Comfortable with computer and tablet based Construction Administration tools.
- AutoCAD and Revit familiarity not essential but preferred.
- Read, understand and work from construction drawings and specifications.
- Strong time management and problem resolution skills while working on concurrent projects.
- Knowledge of building codes and appropriate industry standard practices.
- Attention to detail, strong organization skills, and thorough written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a customer focused, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and be responsible for project delivery which may be multiple, large or complex in scope.
We invite you to join our team! We provide a comprehensive benefits program which reflects our healthy attitude towards a positive work/life balance, along with an energetic culture and incredible work environment. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Candidates should submit their resume and compensation requirements to: Traci A. Mortensen, Director of Human Resources Traci.Mortensen@zastudios.com.